Friday, June 29, 2018

Thing 1: Blogging


I am Laura Gable.  I am currently finishing up my 2nd year at Latham Ridge Elementary School in the North Colonie School District. This will be my fourteenth year as a school librarian.  I also had the pleasure of working as a part-time librarian at the Clifton Park Library until recently.While I really enjoyed working at the public library, with my new position at North Colonie and two kids that are now involved in sports that require travel, sadly I had to resign from that position at (least for now). 

This will be my third time participating in Cool Tools and I swore my experience would be different than the last time but sadly I will finish just under the deadline. While I say I will do it differently next time I find myself in the same boat.  However, I have to say that I ALWAYS learn new skills and get new ideas by taking part in this program.  So that will remain my take away always. Sorry Polly for all the "late" assignments!  At least I am predictable. 😊


I haven't kept an ongoing library blog.  However I think it's a great idea.  Not just to let others know what I am doing but as a reflection tool for me regarding my teaching and my library program.  In September I will begin my third year at Latham Ridge & I am going to begin a blog!  After reviewing some other elementary library blogs I will model mine after the England & the Falmouth Libraries.  Both seemed more simple than other blogs, so that inspired me and to keep it from seeming like a daunting task I will begin by writing a book blog and see where that takes me!  📕

1 comment: