Friday, June 3, 2016

THING 10: FINAL LEARNING ACTIVITY

Well this is the second time I participated in Cool Tools!  My expectations are always higher than what I actually achieve.  I was going to complete 10 Things but I am only completing 5 Things.  How do I put these tools into action at work?  Well I did download the Twitter app on my phone and I have read some really useful articles that have benefited me professionally! I've also kept up on some school events!  I am not a regular tweeter though! I don't blog regularly for work or in my personal life but I do enjoy reading other peoples blogs.  I will most definitely use what I learned about search engines and  I intend to go back and read up a little more on the databases.

Things that I did not complete such as Productivity Tools, Student Portfolios, and Web Design really interested me and I plan to go back and look those over. I scheduled 1 hour for each item on my calendar to look at during the summer.

My biggest challenge is sitting down and making the time to complete a "Thing." You see, I  sit down and I would read and learn about a topic but I wouldn't complete the task (for a variety of reasons - kids, a commitment, etc.) I always found myself saying I will do it tomorrow & here I am at 10:56 PM on June 3rd!!!

I definitely plan on sharing what I've learned. I enjoy learning at my own pace and being able to learn from anywhere.  The convenience is HUGE!  For me personally I wish there were mini - deadlines, maybe one Thing completed every four weeks. Maybe I am just someone who needs a deadline and no matter what I won't finish until the clock strikes midnight - lol.

I would participate in Cool Tools again.  I always learn new information and that makes me happy and fulfilled.  Thank you for the opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. lol! I'm like you, I need deadlines, with consequences! But you finished! :) Just one more thing, could you fill out the final "log form" - the link is in this blog post: https://cooltoolsforschool.wordpress.com/2016/05/29/final-log-form-you-must-fill-it-out/

    We are going to offer this again next year, so do join in again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. blogspot seems to be on California time, so you finished a whole 4 hours early! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HaHa, That's awesome!! Maybe I should keep it on Cali time!!

      Delete