Saturday, June 30, 2018

Thing 12: Final Reflection

Unfortunately, I only put one of my newly learned skills to use during the the school year and that was using Bitmoji.  However, it was fun and the  kids certainly got a kick out of it.  I also have the ability to use Bitmoji with my Gmail since I installed the extension on my Chrome browser. Hopefully, I can have them create their own avatar using one of the other options that you mentioned.   
As usual my biggest challenge was sticking to a timeline to complete learning tasks in a timely manner.  The last time I participated in Cool Tools I didn't finish until the very end and I said I wouldn't do that again, however history repeats itself. I am grateful to have a week after school to continue to work on it though.  In the end, I walk away with more knowledge and enthusiasm. My big fails will only be if I don't complete the goals I set for myself for the upcoming school year. 
Those goals are:
1) Begin and maintain a book blog
2) Revisit Million Short and create a lesson using this search tool.
3) Introduce Choosito  to my students and see if it's a search tool that would be beneficial to them (free version).
4) Implement Makerspace Mondays!
5) Create a project using a green screen
I can have students create an avatar using DoppleMe or Avatarmaker as a  makerspace activity (that just came to me)!
I really do like participating in Cool Tools.  I always learn many new things.  I am inspired by the work and experience of others.  I always learn more than what I blog about.  I visit and read many of the tasks before I choose one to work on.  I love that I have the flexibility to spend as much time on a topic as I would like and that I can choose when I will work. I will participate again, but hopefully stick to my self - imposed deadlines!  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the work and explored lots of useful resources! Funny about the font color. You found a good workaround, so no worries.

    ReplyDelete