Friday, June 29, 2018

Thing 16: Bitmoji Fun

 Here is my revised Bitmoji!  I created one awhile back when I got a Snapchat account but only because my daughter had one for her Snapchat account.  It's good that my kids don't think I am living in the Dark Ages! Now with my new knowledge from Cool Tools I know some fun ways to use Bitmoji in school! 

The kids (my students) got a kick out of it, when my image showed up on their Google Doc. It seems that giving them feedback with a picture made them more receptive to reading my feedback (if that makes sense!).  I also used it on a Google Slide as an end of the year Menu of Library Choices for what students could do during their library visit.   As we have a new web filter a school I customized and saved a Bitmoji to Google Keep (I added some text to the image).  I will put it at the end of my post as I am having trouble pasting it into my blog without it taking up so much room.  I was also challenged by changing its size in a Google doc.  I can change the size but the image ends up being smaller than I would like it to be.

I also added the Bitmoji extension to Chrome.  I was surprised and found it interesting that the app had more options for creating your Bitmoji than the site itself! 


In addition, I checked out Booksnaps and created a custom image using the book One Crazy Summer  by Rita Williams-Garcia .

 

The directions from the video were great!  I am still a work on progress with this and I didn't tweet it but I am really excited about how much more comfortable I am using Bitmoji as a educational/PR tool!  This may be a great way to make book trailers or book slides to advertise what's in my collection!  I would love to show my upper grade students how to create their own Bitmoji and have them create comics in Google Slides.  I have to practice at school over the summer, to see how it would work under a student login.



My Google Keep image!

7 comments:

  1. Love the booksnap image! Weirdly, your last image doesn't show up for me. Wonder if it's some privacy permission?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hhhm, that's weird? I just copied and pasted it from Google Keep. Quick question, is there anyway I can change the background color for my Bitmoji images? Or can I "cut out" around the border of te image and then paste?

      Delete
    2. I'm trying to remember the app that can cut out the background. Let me try to find it.

      Delete
    3. This was the app I was thinking of for cutting out the background: https://sticky-ai.com/

      Delete
    4. Also, if you drop a bitmoji into a google drawing, the backround is transparent. You can then make the background of the whole google drawing any color you like.Look through this post for more details: https://infinitelyteaching.wordpress.com/2017/10/23/custom-bitmoji-feedback/

      Delete
  2. Do you see a white square with no bitmoji? or do you just see blue blog backround?

    ReplyDelete
  3. just seeing empty white box and the "missing image" icon, here's a screen shot. https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/3460403/b2b992a98185dae314cdbe745bbe9198

    I suspect you need to save it to your computer, then upload it to your blog, like you did for the other images.

    ReplyDelete