Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Thing 3: Online Communities & Personal Learning Networks

Twitter . . .


Well I am a Twitter Option 3 only by the definition of time!   Although I signed up for a Twitter account back in 2010, yes I couldn't believe it either.  I haven't completely acclimated myself to this online community.  Why, I'm not sure?  My process has been slow . . .  Cool Tools has given me the opportunity to revisit Twitter and this time it may stick !

I now follow a couple of elementary teachers that I used to work with that I want to stay in touch with.  I now follow TLChat and a few other well known school librarians.  For now that is enough!  I love the wealth of information available to me at my fingertips!  I read some really interesting articles that others posted.  I found some cool apps, and read about some cool things other librarians are doing, like charging lockers (students can charge their gadgets in them)!!!

There really is so much out there to learn about!  For now I will use Twitter as a learning tool!  I just scheduled a weekly Twitter check-in on my Google calendar!


1 comment:

  1. Great idea to put a regular twitter time on your calendar!

    ReplyDelete